Buying a pair of running shoes can be a daunting task. There are hundreds of pairs on the market and unfortunately it’s not just a case of buying a pair that feel comfortable and look cool. These are our top tips to help you get the right pair:
- Forget the colour – prioritise with fit, function and feel.
- Don’t buy the ones your friends have always run in, they may not be right for you.
- Take advice from a knowledgeable and trustworthy sales person, but understand why you require the product being sold. Only buy sports shoes after you’ve tried them on.
- Keep your feet dry. Running-specific socks will help stop moist or sweaty feet from blistering.
- Gait analysis will show how you move. Use this to hone your footwear purchase, learn about where your technique can be more efficient, and understand what preventative maintenance is required to prevent injury.
Footbed? This can be added to enhance the support that the shoe offers and help with knee, hip, and back alignment